Thursday 4 April 2013

Back Once Again Like the Renegade Master



(with a quesadilla)


So my phone went screwy and wouldn't take photos anymore. A king soul donated her old iPhone so now I am well cool and stuff. Yeah, I'm lookin' down on you. Fucking scum.

Anyway, it means I can take photos. They're still shit cos I am rubbish at that kind of thing. Having my first ever Apple product has not changed Who I Am On The Inside.

I didn't have money for ages when I expected to have money, then some  finally landed in my account yesterday. I was (and am) still knackered from a busy weekend so decided to treat myself to fake foods which make tasty food quickly.

I don't need to remind you that I don't give a shit about your authenticity, right? Good, let's go.

Tortillas x 2
Red Pepper x 1
1/2 Can Red Kidney Beans
Small-ish Onion x 1
Some Fresh corriander
Some fake Cheez (I used one of these)
Some Kinda Fake Meat (I used one of these)
1 x Red Chilli
Cumin
Veg Oil
Salt & Pepper

Chop things that need chopping (onion/pepper/chilli/coriander).
Heat oil in a pan, add onion/pepper/chilli (+ garlic if you want, I left mine in the bastard shop).
In the mean time separate half a can of beans & smoosh 'em a bit.
Add some tomato purée + water or pasata or tomato juice or chopped tomatoes or real tomatoes or WHATEVER (I apparently was out of tom purée).
Put the beans in and cook and mix.
Add Cumin/salt/pepper and right at the end some coriander. You don't want this to bee too sloppy, it's going on the tortillas.

Heat a heavy-based frying pan, place a tortilla in then put yr grated fake cheez on top.
Spread yr beany onion mix over the top, and some cut up fake meat on top of that.
Put another tortilla on top.

Turn the tortilla over after a few mins, it should've gone golden with maybe some brown bits (I used wholewhat, it's easier to tell with white ones, though). If yr worried about it burning just turn it every minute or two, if yr slack do it less often.

Slice it up like a pizza, garnish with more corriander, serve with salady things or whetever.

You could easily whack some guacamole in there or something but that would mean buying/making it and today you are probably not in the mood.

I feel like I'm missing something somewhere. I guess I am tired and out of practice. We'll see what the future brings.




No comments:

Post a Comment