Wednesday 17 April 2013

Motherflippin' Roast, Y'all



Making a nutroast is stupid easy. Look.

Essentially, you want about two-or-three-ish to one of nuts to breadcrumbs. Want wheat free? I reckon oats/brown rice/rice crackers would do it.

Then you need something flavoury. Onion, garlic, leek, pepper, left over veg, yeast extract, dried herbs.. seriously, anything you want.

One of the problems with nuts is they are expensive. I am dead tight, so I tend to buy roasted/salted peanuts because they are BY FAR the cheapest available. Not, you can use them as they are, or rinse the salt off, or rinse/soak them. You can also mix in any nuts you have around.

If you soak the nuts they will be easy to blend. Otherwise you can use a pestle & mortar.

Chop up/smoosh yr other ingredients as approriate.

Mix everything together and then, wait for it, this is my SUPER_AWESOME_TIP...

...spoon the mix in to a muffin tray. In the past I've found that if I put nutroast in a loaf tin the bastard thing falls apart when I try to vuy it. A muffin tray gives you portions, and I'd say 2 is about enough for an adult....

Put it in an oven around 190.C/Gas 5 and you should be sorted. Check after 10-15 mins to see how yr doing.

Serve it with veg and wotnot. Don't pretend like you've never had a roast dinner before. But if you wanna pretend to be fancy you can use packet stuff and chuck a few dried cranberries in like I did.

The leftover nutroast portions can go in sandwiches, you bet they fucking can. With salady stuff and mustard, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment